Healthy Breakfast Recipes for the Summermarta c taborga
Summer is almost upon us (and has already started for some students). Extended vacations, weekend getaways and children activities abound. But this more hectic time of year can wreak havoc on our normal daily diet as you rush between activities and work.
To maintain your energy for the day, whether at work or cheering your kid’s soccer game, you shouldn’t skip on a healthy breakfast. Luckily, there are quick, healthy breakfasts that you can eat on the go. Rather than grabbing a donut or a fast food biscuit sandwich, reach for one of these healthy breakfast recipes.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
(Source: Love & Lemons)
Matcha is green tea leaves that have been ground into a fine powder, so this smoothie is a must for tea drinkers!
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- Matcha powder – a few teaspoons to a few tablespoons depending on your matcha and your taste. I used a few tablespoons of this kind
- Vanilla bean – a tiny scrape from about 1-inch of the pod
- A few handfuls of ice
- Honey, agave, or sweetener of choice (optional)
- Blend everything together. Taste & adjust to your liking. Add some sweetener if you wish.
The vanilla bean pod isn’t necessary but is a nice addition. If you don’t have a vanilla bean, just omit it rather than substitute with vanilla extract.
Serves: 3 small smoothies or 2 larger ones.
Source: Fannetastic Food
These vegan bars are easy to make, delicious and nutritious.
Dry (use scant measurements):
- 1 & 3/4 C rolled oats
- 1 C crisp puffed brown rice cereal
- 1/4 C pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C chia seeds OR 1/8 C finely ground flaxseed (both optional)
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut (optional)
Wet (use generous measurements):
- 1/2 C brown rice syrup
- 1/3 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
1) Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together.
2) In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together, and then microwave them for about 20 to 30 seconds. This will make it easier to mix and add to the dry ingredients since it’s really sticky!
3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix! Keep mixing until the wet binding ingredients are as well distributed as possible. Put some muscle into it!
4) Put the mixture into a shallow pan and flatten it down. Place in fridge to allow bars chill/set.
5) After about 30 minutes in the fridge (or you can wait until the next day – whatever works), cut bars into 12 sections, then wrap them up in foil and store back in the fridge (or in the freezer!) for easy access!
Source: HuffPost, Pilar Gerasimo
If you wish to ditch grains and starches as part of your breakfast lineup, then this could be the meal for you! Pilar Gerasimo created this meal that eats like cold cereal in order to keep hunger at bay and avoid grains.
What’s great about this recipe is that there are many ways to personalize the dish with substituting different nuts, fruits and quantity levels!
- Almond milk
- Coarse coconut flakes (find in baking section of grocery)
- Seeds: Chia, flax (ground), sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, and hemp seeds all work well
- Wash fruit and place ½ cup of fruit of your choice into soup or cereal bowl.
- Add about a handful of nuts (preferably raw, unsalted and organic if possible).
- Add a handful of coarse-shaven coconut flakes
- Add 1 tablespoon of seeds.
- Optional: Add dried fruit, try to choose ones with no added sugars, preservatives or other ingredients.
- Add milk and enjoy!
I started Your Contour in 2006 because I believed that every woman has the right to feel beautiful, no matter her size or shape. Our body shapewear helps you feel more confident in your favorite party dress or business suit. Most every woman has some part of their body that she wishes she could trim, whether it’s thighs, arms or waistline.
Your Contour’s line of body shapewear targets different areas of your body, so you can have the support and therefore increased self-confidence where you desire it the most. I created this company to produce a product that can custom fit anyone of any size and provide confidence to those who were recently pregnant, losing weight or had just undergone surgery.
We pride ourselves on our uniqueness and individuality of our products and the confidence they provide to our consumers. Contact us and order your body shapewear today!