“A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME WITHOUT A PET”
Sounds nice, right? But, here is the thing, having a pet entails two things – commitment and responsibility! Are you ready to become a pet parent?
Now before you say yes, here are some basic information about the top three pet choices – dogs, cats and aquatic pets. Read, learn and then decide!
They are cute and cuddly. A man’s best friend! However, there are a few things you should know about them. Here are some facts –
• According to the Federation Cynologique Internationale (FCI), there are 340 dog breeds all over the world. What breed would you like? Remember, each one has their own temperament. Some are great with kids or babies while others are not. There are also ‘indoor’ dogs and ‘outdoor’ dogs. Some breeds could trigger allergies. All in all, research must first be done before buying or adopting a canine buddy. Pick a dog and learn everything about it.
• The ‘level of care’ for each breed varies. For instance, the level of care when it comes to grooming the Sharpei dog is high. You need to make sure their folded or excess skins get regular attention to avoid diseases.
• Whatever size or breed, all dogs need exercise. Can you spare a few hours each week to walk or play with the dog? Obviously, putting your dog inside a cage 24/7 is not a solution.
• Like humans, dogs also need medical and dental checkups. Aside from that, toys and other basic needs must also be provided. Can you afford them?
If dogs are not your cup of tea, then maybe you can try caring for cats. Here are some cat facts.
• The International Progressive Cat Breeders Alliance (IPCBA) recently reported that as of 2016, there are 73 different types of cats. Which would you pick?
• If a family member has allergies, make sure to get a ‘hypoallergenic’ cat. Top three choices are the Balinese, Oriental Shorthair and Javanese.
• Not all cats are laid-back. Bengal cats, for instance, are extremely active and may need some companion to play with. Persian cats, a popular choice, are easier to deal with.
• Adult cats are calmer, less rambunctious than kittens. These young creatures are the cutest, but kittens are full of energy and may need a lot of supervision. If you don’t have the time or the energy to ‘teach’ them not to scratch things, go for an adult cat.
For aquatic pets:
Do you want a pet that is always quiet and will never leave their home? Then, choose aquatic pets. Before buying one, here are some things you should know.
• Some aquatic pets need more ‘TLC’ – tender loving care! Not all fish are low-maintenance. The goldfish, for instance, are very popular pets because they look awesome inside an aquarium, but they are very prone to white spot illnesses.
• There are also ‘bully’ fish. If you want a ‘mixed’ aquarium, research the kind of fish that could live together. According to website fishchannel.com, some ‘bully’ fish are the Tiger Barb, Chinese Algae-eater and Angelfish. They can ‘nip’ and kill other fish in the aquarium so careful with the mixture.
• The best aquarium should hold five gallons of water. Moreover, an extensive filter system is also needed to make sure the aquatic pets have a safe, clean water supply all the time.
• Cleaning the aquarium is important. Even with high-tech systems, aquariums can still have high pH levels, nitrate and ammonia that could kill aquatic pets. So, test the water at least once a month. If positive with toxic compounds, then it is time for some cleaning and changing.
There you have it, some tips for the top three pet choices. Of course, there are other animals to choose from like birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, snakes, etc. The bottom line is — If you want to get the right pet for the family, do three things first – Read. Ask. Learn. Happy choosing!
Your Contour’s line of body shapewear
targets specific zones of your body, so you can have the support and therefore increased self-confidence where you desire it most. I began this company to produce a product that can custom fit anyone of any size and provide confidence to those who were recently pregnant, losing weight, or have undergone surgery.
We pride ourselves on our uniqueness and individuality of our products and the confidence they provide to our customers. Order yours today!! Read more →